Thursday, November 10, 2011

Necrons - My First List!

This is my first attempt at creating a list. I think it is important to get some ideas flowing after an initial read.  I haven't spent too much time with the codex yet so I fully expect this list to evolve a bit in the next week or two.







Imotekh 275

Trazyn 175

Scarabs x8 120

Scarabs x8 120

Immortals x 10 170

Immortals x 10 170

Immortals x 10 170

Night Scythe x 3 300

Cryptech x 2 50
Veil of Darkness x 2 60
Nightmare Shroud 10

Triarch Stalker 150

Triarch Stalker 150

Necron Lord x 2
Resurection Orb x2

I am getting around the no duplicate cyrptech rule by having two overlords in the form of the special characters.

I've taken 4 possible targets for Trazyn to replace if he dies.

It is set up where I've got a decent chance at going first and if not then I can fall back on night fight.

The scarabs can line the entire board center and put up an effective screen if I want to walk across the table for some reason or all the Scythes end up getting blown out of the sky.

I sort of like the Night Scythes. They have decent guns and can carry a lot of guys.

It seems like this list can put up a lot of screens similiar to the way that foot eldar play.

I am not convinced of the effectiveness of the Triarchs.  It seems like the melta weapon will be nice and the targeting array will almost always catch.  This will give other units the ability to twin link against the hit unit.

This seems like a decent way to power down hard targets whether they be Armor Valued, Complex with multi wounds or with 2+ armor saves.

Let me know what you think!!

2 comments:

tpm_bloodangel said...

No kidding.. but it makes me sad :(

Jacob Winnett said...

I can't help but chuckle every time i see that picture.